Nesse link aqui embaixo você encontra descrições detalhadas de muitas coisas feitas nesse teaser, tanto em termos de planejamento, referências, estudos até aplicações práticas de como fazer os efeitos.
E, se você quiser ver mais material relacionado a esse projeto, desenvolvido entre 2008 e 2009, é só clicar aqui!
Mais abaixo você encontra os capítulos que eu cheguei a escrever, em inglês, com podcasts para alguns deles e umas poucas concept arts, tudo feito por mim mesmo.
CHAPTER 01 – Download
New York City, Brooklyn. Blake Ave with Hertz St. 02:49 am. Raining.
Jackie walks down Hertz St in silence. It’s cold like death. The rain makes it all much worse. There’s something strange in the air. He hears something behind him. Turns back. Nothing to see.
– Probably just a goddamn cat.
He turns around again, to his path and hits something big. Very big.
– Hello, Jackie boy. What are you doing out here so late?
– What?! Hey, who are you? How do you…
– Just shut the fuck up and get in the car – the huge man pulls a gun out of his rain coat and points it to the tiny man in front of him.
– What car?!
All the sudden, a roaring engine takes place into that not-anymore-silent night. A 1968 Camaro ravages down the street and stops beside them.
– THIS car. Go, get in.
Both men enter the vehicle. There’s a lot of water dripping in the seats. The car has an unpleasent smell. The driver hits the gas and the world outside moves really fast.
– Now, presentations. I’m Gnark. – the big man lights up a cigar and offers another one to Jackie.
– Gnark? Is that a name? – Jackie takes the cigar.
– Ha, ha. Very funny.
– So, “Gnark”… What the fuck is this? How do you know my name? Where are we driving?
– Too many questions, Jackie boy, too many questions… – the man’s hand slams Jackie neck, who blacks out.
CHAPTER 02 – Download
Slowly, Jack wakes up from the black dream.
– Now that we know each other, I’ll tell you what happens next.
Jackie faces the big man. Then, he talks.
– I’m leaving. THIS is what is gonna happen.
– Hm, I guess not. You are going to HELP us, actually. Didn’t you want to know what was going on?
– Hahahaha. No FUCKING way! Why should I help you?
Gnark reaches one of his pockets and takes out a picture. He tosses the small framed paper to Jack. His reaction is pure anger.
– YOU SON OF A BITCH! HOW THE FUCK DID YOU…
– Cursing ain’t helping you, Jack. Nor her. I’ll give you some time to think. Roosevelt, stop.
The driver brakes immediatly and the car drifts for a few seconds. On the backseat, Jack “fights” Gnark with his eyes, giving him a deadly stare. Gnark doesn’t seem any worried and keeps facing the small man while the driver opens the door.
Jackie is violently pulled out of the vehicle and thrown on the sidewalk. The rain a little less aggressive. The car quicly fades from his sight, but the engine roar is still clear through the storm.
“I get up from the muddy water. I’m in front of the old apartment building where I live. My arm shakes in an uncontrollable mood, much worse than back all those years. This CAN’T be happening again!”
CHAPTER 03 – Download
“A big explosion takes place. Window’s shards rain on the sidewalk. I bet you can guess. Yes, it was my apartment. Second floor. I hurry up the stairs. The door has been ripped of the hinges. The whole place is upside down. Something is burning. Shit, it’s my bedroom! The smoke is spreading really fast, and so does the fire.
Kitchen. I grab a small piece of cloth, throw it on the stuck – and full of water – sink and put it around my nose and mouth. Rush inside the room. Hell! It’s hot in here! On the shelf, partially in flames, there’s a metal box. The one thing I went here to get. Damn, it stings!
Another detonation shakes the building again. My living room is gone! There’s no way out! Unless I…”
A heavy metal safe hits the concrete on the street. A small man comes right after the safe, through the same broken window, landing in an unbalanced way. The rain chills out the box and Jackie opens it up. From the inside, he draws a small 9mm semi-automatic pistol, fake passports, casings, a few thousand dollars, a handful of photos and, at last, he picks up a fragile necklace and puts it around his neck.
Not far from there, a firetruck approaches really fast. Jackie is gone when it arrives. The fire destroyed everything.
Jackie’s dreams were some of the worst he ever had after the project. He wakes up way after sunrise. It’s a hot summer morning. A good morning to find some good answers, and he knows exactly where to go.
– Old Graywolf better be at home – I think while the train goes fast through the suburbs.
– Last stop – the machinist says after the long journey.
This is where I get off.
Just a few blocks away from the train station, on the third floor of a plae blue home building, the door of the 305 goes down with a bang. I enter the apartment with the gun in my hands and ready to pull the trigger.
– GOD DAMN IT JACK! – A voice sounds from inside.
– Of course – a grizzly old man appears from the door right across the hall.
– How did you know it was me?
– Who else in the world would bust down my door like that? Was it REALLY necessary?
– Knock it off, Gray.
– Anyway, to whom do I owe this unexpected visit?
– I’m being blackmailed.
– Blackmailed, you? Who could do such a stupid thing?
– Haha, I don’t know much yet. But these guys aren’t THAT stupid. They blew up my house last night.
– Hm… This might explain my door.
– Shut up, I’m not messing around. And they gave me this picture – I hand him the photograph.
– Holy crap! Isn’t her our little Foxie?
– And how they linked her to you?
– This is what I was expecting YOU to tell me.
– Yep. Weren’t you responsible for all the old days documents’?
– Are you accusing me of treason? Well, I burned’em all. Many years ago. Those things are better as ashes.
– Hm… Agreed. But, so how did they manage to gather this up?
My cellphone rings. Greywolf silences. Unidentified number. I answer.
– Jack Harriet, who’s there?
– Hello, Jackie boy. Did you like the fireworks party last night? Quite… hot, wasn’t it? Hahahahaha
His sick laugh floods my ears.
– What do you want, fucker?
– Oh, why such violence? Have you made your decision?
– Tell me what I’ve gotta do.
– Nothing too difficult for you. Just get us a few bucks.
– A few? How “few”?
– Tsc… Two million’. And, you have five days to do it.
– And how about the girl?
– We’ll take good care of her until you hand us the cash.
– And how am I supposed to know that she’s ok?
– Very smart boy. You’ll see her everyday, for a couple minutes as insurance. I’ll keep in touch.
*Click*. He hangs up the call.
– SON OF A BITCH! – I toss the phone away, blind in anger. Lucky for us, it hits softly the living room’s couch.
– what did they say, Jack?
– They want me to get’em TWO MILLION DOLLARS! In five days. Five, Gray! Five… What a prick.
– Oh… Money…
-It’s ALL about the money.
– It’s ALWAYS about the money, Jack. Haven’t you learned this lesson yet?
– So, what have you got on them? Let’s gather all the pieces together.
CHAPTER 05 – Download
His filthy hand slaps my face once again. We’re at May, 7th of 1990. Morocco.
– Who do you work for?
We’re in an abandoned storage facility near the city docks. I don’t answer. Slap. One more. He’s getting really pissed.
– I SAID: who… do… you… work.. for?
My hands and feet are tied to a chair and there’s only one lamp in the whole depot, right above my head. The ‘beating-and-asking’ is sort of gentle tonight. I’ve been through enough nights already. In any other situation, I would have already told them what they wanted. But I had given my word that I would never betray my fellow operatives. In this very moment, I notice that “Mr. Sledgehammer” changed his approach.
– I’m asking you a question. Are you deaf? – he whispers in my right ear. His face almost touching mine.
His deep dark eyes stare at my numb eyeballs and I can feel his anger. He turns his back to me.
– I didn’t see anything in your records about you being deaf, but, if this is what you wish, i can make you this favour.
I blink. Slowly. His clenched fist hits my ear so hard that I fall down on the floor, taking the chair as well.
– Oh, thanks – I think I’m hallucinating. Foxie’s face is right in front of me – Get out Foxie!
The red headed woman quickly cuts the ropes that tie me to the chair. Mr Sledgehammer is down lying on the ground. Shot three times in the chest.
CHAPTER 06 – Download
In his mind, Jack goes many years back in time, to his training program, where it all started.
He walks to his supervisor. Now is the right time to ask for it.
– Sir, excuse me. Permission to speak, sir.
– Permission granted, rookie. What you’ve got?
– Sir, I think I’m ready to go on this assignment, sir.
– Oh, you do?
– Sir, yes, sir.
– Do you really want the job?
– Sir, I want, sir.
– So you better LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING IT, rookie! – he shouts at Jackie’s face – You have 24 hours to get me some good reasons. Dismissed.
– Sir, I won’t disappoint you, sir.
Nowadays I think. “Why the hell did I ask for that?”. By the way, I got the job.
We gathered around Sgt. Harriet as if this was our first assignment. I am the only girl around here. Actually, I’m the only girl in a couple of miles.
Our small team amounts five people. In the beginning, there were twelve of us. This was more than two years ago, when our operation started in the tropical jungle of Chile. One guy, Scott Pearce, died during the first month. Malaria. Poor bastard.
There was also another chick, a doctor. Trisha Greendale. She had been the best soldier during training but freaked out as soon as we landed. We dropped her off in the first village that came across our path. Believe me: even being a great soldier wasn’t enough to make up for her craziness. In the village, she has a quiet life and heals the people with her doctor skills. At least, we hope that.
Three others disappeared during the night. We already had six months in the jungle and their runaway was a total surprise to the rest of the team. Sometimes we think they’ve taken side with the enemy, sometimes we think they went crazy or just thought that could make their way out of hell, because here is hell. Anyway, we found Pvt. Carl Johnson, one of them, dead, a few weeks later. He was only clothes and bones. The other two are still missing. Most likely they’re dead too.
Paul Scander and Thomas Goodman died in action, during conflicts with local military and paramilitary forces. Throughout our time around here we’ve destroyed over twenty cocaine refineries hidden in the jungle and helped the local governments a few times by getting rid of guerrilla-style armed opposition. As I said, our operation started in Chile but, right now, we’re in Colombia.
Our primary objective, in the beginning, was to hunt down the major U.S. cocaine supplier, Afonso Gonzales. Somehow unknown, our presence here got to his ears and, ever since, he’s been running around South America and, of course, we were on his tail all along. He had the advantage the entire time. Troops, vehicles, guns, ammo, money, food, everything. We had nothing of this and we are still here. He must, at least, fear us a bit. And I tell you, it wasn’t easy at all to make it until now. Now is the time that WE have got the advantage.
It seems that I’ve presented the dead but haven’t said a word about the living. I’m Fox Townsend. I lost my parents when I was very young and figured out that the best way of keeping myself out of trouble was by joining the army. Today I think that I got the very opposite of what I was looking for. Army equals for trouble.
The man in front of us is Sargent Jack Harriet, our officer in charge. There is something odd about Jack. He’s not much social and rarely join us in our celebrations over successful missions. I guess he’s not the talkative kind, although, he’s still a great leader, who risks his own skin to keep his men from harm.
Samuel Graywolf, the oldest of the team, is our Intel and Communications expert. He’s responsible for scrambling enemy radios, setting up most of our attack or defense strategies and has been keeping entire register of the mission since its very beginning.
Mark Slamjam. I don’t know if this is his real name or just a nickname, but everyone calls him like that ever since he joined our team in early training. He’s our C4 man. You can name anything you want and I’ll bet my paycheck against you that he can do it, with explosives. This guy is an artist.
Mark Dragunov, URSS traitor, who carries in his last name the name of his favourite weapon, designed by his father. The Dragunov Sniper Rifle. We can say it runs in the family. Mark is a rather quiet guy. Not as much as Jack, but he’s more peaceful than most of us. He doesn’t like physical suffering and that’s why he takes out most of his targets with one bullet only.
Jack is facing us four. The night is hot and there’s no wind. It’s damn sure that there is rain coming. Our officer speaks.
– We’re about to complete our mission. Yeah, we’re together for a very long time now and, heck, I wanna go home and have some rest for a change, what about you? So, Gonzalez is in his small mansion, in the middle of the jungle, just two klicks northeast of here. Our source told us that he has about fifty men as ‘private security’. Highly armed but with little or no training, which gives us a big headstart.
– All our explosives go off tonight, and don’t expect much company to talk as each one of us is gonna enter the property from a different point. To assure that he won’t escape, we’ll strike from all directions. Our primary target is, of course, Gonzalez, but, while he doesn’t appear, take out all the vehicles you spot and guards too. Remember to keep your eyes wide open for Afonso. We don’t want our man running around in the jungle, do we? And be extremely careful about civilians, ’cause there are some of them lying around the house.
– Kitchen, mainly – Graywolf says, interrupting Jack.
– Yes, kitchen mainly, but not only. If you still remember math, you know that the stakes are 10 to 1, but we’ve already got out safely in worst situations before didn’t we? And, if we don’t make it alive… Well, it’s a hell of a good day to die. Isn’t it?
– Yeah. – we all whisper. We all want this to be over, one way, or another.
– Now, the details.