Anamorfake your Helios 44 by opening it up and using an oval aperture. Anamorphic bokeh made easy and with very little cost! All steps explained and links provided at the blog.
- Get a Helios 44-2 on eBay
- Get oval aperture discs on eBay
- Buy focus gears on eBay
- Get a lens wrench on eBay
- First anamorfake Helios 44 video, in 2012
- Amir Safari on Vimeo
- Amir’s Train Station test with various anamorfake lenses
- Combine this technique with a flare filter for a complete anamorfake look
- Download the PDF for the oval laser cuts
- Watch other anamorfake tutorials
All the RED links on this post are part of eBay’s Partner Network, so if you purchase anything through them, you’re helping me to keep this project going.
You can support this project on Patreon. Make your contribution and help the Anamorphic Cookbook!